This folder is designed for emergency personnel and the bereaved at the scene of a fatal incident. Professional training for emergency responders often does not include a substantive bereavement component. This can leave responders feeling ill-equipped and helpless when supporting survivors in the field.
The Pre-Hospital Bereavement Support Folder includes:
Tools for Responders
- A bereavement protocol checklist
- Relationship-based sample scripts designed to increase professionals' comfort and skill levels
Support Materials for the Bereaved
- "With Deepest Sympathy" brochure
- "With Deepest Sympathy" card
- Letter template from responding agency
- "When Someone You Love Dies Unexpectedly" booklet
- "Understanding Grief" Brochure
- "Resource Booklet"
To read the story of the development of this protocol, go to (link coming soon).